- Home
- /
- High Courts
- /
- Delhi High Court
- /
- “I Did Not Sing It”: Honey Singh...
“I Did Not Sing It”: Honey Singh Denies Performing Controversial Song 'Volume 1' Before Delhi High Court
Nupur Thapliyal
7 May 2026 6:37 PM IST
Singer Honey Singh on Thursday opposed before the Delhi High Court a claim that he sang a few verses of the controversial song titled “Volume 1” at an event at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on March 01 last year.Senior Advocate Rajshekhar Rao appearing for the singer told Justice Purushaindra Kumar Kaurav that no such incident had happened and that he did not sing the song. “I did not...
This is a premium content
Available exclusively to
Our subscribers
Subscribe Premium
INR 1099+GST
Your support helps us to bring you more content at
an affordable subscription scheme !!!
All payment options available
Singer Honey Singh on Thursday opposed before the Delhi High Court a claim that he sang a few verses of the controversial song titled “Volume 1” at an event at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on March 01 last year.
Senior Advocate Rajshekhar Rao appearing for the singer told Justice Purushaindra Kumar Kaurav that no such incident had happened and that he did not sing the song.
“I did not sing. If something like this has happened in a stadium where there are 50,000 plus people, there must be one video clip of this,” he told Court.
Justice Kaurav was dealing with a plea filed by Hindu Shakti Dal seeking deletion of videos and audios of the song from social media platforms like YouTube, Google and Spotify.
The plea contended that during last year's concert, Honey Singh sang few verses from the song which confirmed that the same was sung by him.
On the last date of hearing, the Court had ordered immediate take down and removal of the song from all platforms, calling the same as vulgar, obscene, derogatory towards women.
During the hearing today, Rao submitted that proceedings in relation to the song were also pending against him in a Court in Nagpur, where Honey Singh had taken a similar stand.
“This is an opportunity for me to make sure that this stigma goes because this is not mine. This is the position we have taken I am here to assist the court to make sure this content goes off…..I have gone public to say that this is not something I have sung,” Rao said.
The Court permitted the Union Government to file compliance of its earlier directives. It also directed Honey Singh to file an affidavit clarifying the position taken by Rao that no such incident happened in March, 2025.
“Let all those aspects be stated in an affidavit in order to decide the controversy,” the Court said while listing the matter for hearing next on May 19.
Title: HINDU SHAKTI DAL & ANR v. UNION OF INDIA & ORS
Nupur Thapliyal
Nupur Thapliyal is a Principal Correspondent with LiveLaw, based in New Delhi. She reports from the Delhi High Court and trial courts in the national capital


